One Day - David Nicholls

Goodreads Synopsis:


It’s 1988 and Dexter Mayhew and Emma Morley have only just met on the night of their graduation. Tomorrow they must go their separate ways. But after only one day together, they can’t stop thinking about one another. Over twenty years, snapshots of that relationship are revealed on the same day – July 15th – of each year. Dex and Em face squabbles and fights, hopes and missed opportunities, laughter and tears. And as the true meaning of this one crucial day is revealed, they must come to grips with the nature of love and life itself.

Twenty years, two people, one day.



REVIEW:

One Day is one of those heart-breaking romance novels that I never really wanted to read for the fear of crying my eyeballs out, but it turned up in my shelf and there was no good reason for me to keep it there unopened. And so came that day, I was really nervous because and I’ve seen the movie (yes, I saw it a long time ago before reading. I’m not usually like that, I swear. I read the first before the movie, but this was a different case.) It did not help that I cried buckets-full when Anne Hathaway (SPOILER ALERT!) died.

I love how they are two different people but still in love in a very platonic way. There were times when I want to punch Dex in the face or smack the back of his head but he was like that for the very same reason that this book is very much like people’s lives. One of the things I loved about this book was how their love story happened to each of us one way or another. My brain in humming “We had the right love at the wrong time’s” melody every time Cupid seems to have missed their hearts with his arrows.

The writing style is also a hit with me. A very Love, Rosie type of writing, although I don’t know which came first.

RATING: 4/5


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

GoodReads

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Lou-Ann has read 2 books toward her goal of 52 books.
hide

Currently Reading

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil: A Savannah Story
Fangirl


Lou-Ann Sabino's favorite books »
Lou & Books

Followers